1858 Old Fort established

May 12, 2020

After a nearly 40-year lapse, the Hudson’s Bay Company reopens Fort St. John on the south side of the Peace River.  In 1873, Fort St. John is moved directly across the Peace River to the north side – onto what is today referred to as the ’Old Fort’ subdivision outside today’s City of Fort St. John.

Go to top